WeBlogUp one level
SWIOFP weblog enables the swiofp community to interact, start discussions, load pictures of ongoing activities. To start a topic log in or contact web admin.
- SWIOFP Acoustic and Pelagic Trawl Survey around Mauritius and the Mascareigne Plateau
- SWIOFP Shallow-water prawn trawl survey in Kenyan waters
- After 3 days of intense preparation, a scientific team from Kenya boarded the prawn trawler MV Vega to implement the first crustacean trawl survey for SWIOFP.
- SWIOFP Shallow-water prawn trawl survey in Tanzania
- After completing a 15-day survey in Kenya waters, the trawler MV Vega returned to its home port in Mombasa, where the Kenyan scientists disembarked. The vessel then took on fuel and food, and sailed to Tanga, Tanzania on the 5th of February.
- Madagascar deep-water trawl survey
- SWIOFP Component 4, implements its 5th longline cruise for the deployment of Pop-up Satellite Tags (PAT) in Swordfish
- Most longline surveys conducted during SWIOFP have used a longline instrumented with several sensors to collect information on time and depth of capture. Such information is useful to implement fishing tactics aiming at improving targeting and mitigating bycatch. Electronic tagging of large fish is also required to understand movements and stock structure which are critical information for fisheries management. SWIOFP Component 4, 5th longline survey was conducted on board the vessl “La Curieuse” from 9th to 22nd of November 2012 and focused on the deployment of Pop-up Satellite Tags (PAT) in Swordfish.